Friday, January 25, 2008

A Thank You to Doug


I'm going to take this opportunity to thank Doug for being so wonderful these past few weeks. Due to our circumstances we've had to use public assistance since moving here in August 2006. We had to renew this month and it has been something that has stressed me beyond my limits to handle. Without all the gorey details, I just have to give credit to Doug for stepping up to the plate these past couple of weeks. I've basically been useless, but he's helped in every way possible. He helped me create my Sharing Time lesson, he ate leftovers for days, and he held me when I just needed to be held.

Well, today he came home and offered support when I needed it most. Now it is all done and we should be good for another six months. I can't express how happy I am.

Doug--I love you babe! I just want the world to know how great you are, well at least those who read this blog.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

If you feel the need to share the gorey details, please email or call me. I would love to sit and chat about how ridiculous the government systems are set up...and the employees who are supposed to be working there. :) Glad it is all worked out though!!

Mary Ann and Larry said...

I am so glad Doug was a good support to you. I just wish I could have been there for you as well. If you ever need to ramble or let off steam, I am a phone call or e-mail away!

emily a. said...

The perpetual pains in our lives- the public assistance office! Glad you found such a good one.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Way to go Doug!!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad it all worked out.