Thursday, March 13, 2008

8 Things I love about Miriam

tagged by Courtney

1. I love how she has so much empathy. She loves to take care of me when I'm sick or sad. She is really good at recognizing other people's feelings and trying to care for them accordingly.

2. I love that she'll hurry and do things I ask her to---well, usually. If I need a diaper, or want a cookie from the kitchen, most times she'll run and get them for me.

3. I love it when she offers me a treat and when I say, "No thank you," she'll say, "Ok, I guess I'll eat it." Of course she always has two treats in her hand. It's so if I take one, she can say, "I got one for me too." If I don't take one, she gets both. Mind you, she never did ask if she could have them, she just figures if she offers one to me first, that means it's ok to eat it.

4. I love how she can play with anyone. She can play sweet and gentle with babies and with the girls, but turn around and sword fight with the boys. She loves all toys and all kids.

5. I love how she loves to dress up and look pretty. The fancier the dress the better. I never liked dresses, but it is fun to dress Miriam up in fancy do-dads.

6. I love how Miriam is up for anything. If I offer to read a book, she jumps up and grabs one. If I ask her to put a movie on for her and Shay, she'll hurry and pick one. She just goes with the flow.

7. I love how she treats Shaylynn. Shaylynn likes to beat on Miriam, but Miriam just takes it until it gets too much and then she comes crying to me. She has never once retaliated and hurt Shaylynn back. I LOVE that about her. One time Shaylynn bit her so hard it left marks. I told her to bite her back (sorry if you think that's bad parenting). Miriam could not bite Shaylynn hard enough to make her flinch. She was just too soft, it just wasn't possible for her to hurt Shay.

8. I love the new phrases and words she uses. Just this morning she put a hear sticker on a picture she had colored for me. She said, "There, this heart shows that my heart belongs to you." Ahhhhhh.....

I LOVE YOU MIRIAM!

Miriam tags: Alyssa, Thula, Porter, Maya, Brigg, Shelby Ross, and Jenna

3 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

awww how sweet, i love how miriam is such a little lady.

Mary Ann and Larry said...

You have a real sweetheart there.

Elaine said...

We love Miriam (and Shaylynn) too!