Thursday, March 20, 2008

One Down...Too Many More to Count, to Go

Here is what I've accomplished so far in my race to fix my house. The sad thing is, I'm already drained of energy and desire to finish the rest of my house. Maybe it is just because I have a lot more going on this week than usual, but it sure is disappointing that I can't get that old fire back. Maybe the sugar from Easter will help give me the sugar rush I need to get back to work.

I decided I wanted an area where I could do crafts (snicker), that is, if I ever choose to become crafty. It needed to be set up in a way so I could leave it out if I didn't quite finish it. I also needed a space that could just be for me. So, I moved off our old computer that doesn't work anymore and relocated the computer desk over by the kitchen table. It makes for cramped eating arrangements, but since it's Doug that's cramped, I'm not too worried about it.

I love my new set up, but it's not quite done yet. I still need to buy a few containers to get it just right, but after a trip to the store, I should be all set. I already have a few craft projects in the idea process stage and I'm excited to get to them---after that sugar rush kicks in.

Doug doesn't know it yet, but he's lost his laptop. It's new home is going to be on my desk. At least until he needs to take it too school.
This last picture show some of the school supplies I have gathered for my upcoming homeschooling experience. It may kill Miriam and I both, but we're going to give it our best shot. Luckily, it's only for a few months.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Few questions--
if you have an old computer that doesn't work, WHY is it still in your house?

And HOMESCHOOL?!?! WHAT THE??? You are B-R-A-V-E!

LOVE the new "craft" area--don't forget to hang up some cute pics in that area of your girls doing crafty things so that everyone will think...I mean...everyone will SEE how crafty you are!

looking good!!!

emily a. said...

LOVE your new area! I agree, you need a spot of your own and this is a perfect choice.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Looks great!! You are a good organizer! I may need your help with some of my things in my home!!