Saturday, April 19, 2008

Miriam's Ballet Recital

Well, what Miriam has worked for since last year has finally come and gone. On Saturday, April 12, 2008 she had her first ballet recital. I was worried that she would get too shy and not be able to perform, but after a few moments of hesitation she was fine. All of the girls did a great job! Darlynn, the teacher, did an amazing job. I can't imagine the patience it took to teach these little kiddos ballet, tap, and jazz. She's an amazing teacher and dancer and I'm excited to see the amazing woman she'll turn into.

Okay, so most of you that know me well know that I am extremely punctual and I always have WAY more than I need because I like to be EXTRA prepared. Uh...that didn't happen this time. I had everything set out that I needed to take in the morning, but I didn't want Miriam's tutu to go flat so I left it hanging in the bathroom. Well, it stayed hanging in the bathroom until Doug ran home from the Church and grabbed it. Arg! Thankfully he was able to get it and be back in time before they started. I have not been so stressed out and embarrassed in a long time.

There are several things I could blame my forgetfulness on: Doug taking a nap and not waking up, my family being here, the stress of not knowing if Miriam would be able to follow through, etc. However; I will take responsibility and just chalk it up to one of those things that happen because I'm blond. :)

Here are some pictures of our little "teddy bear". Thanks to Darlynn for picking out the ADORABLE costumes, and to Tricia who did Miriam's hair--teddy bear ears and all.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

wow! I can't believe how mature she is looking! AMAZING!! Glad your family is there to visit! :)

Rebecca Hansen said...

awwww.... that is the CUTEST little teddy bear ever! i would've loved SOO much to have been there...i can't believe how 'grown up' miriam is getting! ah, adorable!

Mary Ann and Larry said...

I completely agree on what a cute teddy bear Miriam is and how grown-up she is looking.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom! And Doug is such a good daddy for his girls! She looks like she had fun. I can't wait till Jaz is old enough to dance. Miriam is a doll!

emily a. said...

That last picture is so cute! I'll have to request a mini performance from Miriam someday soon.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

She looks so adorable! And how much fun is that to have Grandma and Grandpa to watch!!