Well, Sunday was a break through for me. I have a dear friend who is about to deliver a sweet baby girl. Instead of buying a rocking chair she chose to go with an air conditioner for the baby's room. Makes sense with heat wave we're experiencing. As I was thinking about her impending delivery I realized there was a way I could help. I have a chair that I used with both of my girls. We bought it when Miriam was born and I used it to rock, nurse, cuddle, sing, and comfort both of my girls. I hadn't intended to ever get rid of it, but when I asked Doug if we were moving it home he said no. Instead of fighting over it, I decided he was right and that I'd rather give it to someone I love and know that it will be put to use with another sweet baby, or risk leaving it on the side of the road as we pull out of town.
Lindsay, I hope you create as many wonderful memories with your baby in that chair as I did.
Doug rolled his eyes, but I HAD to have a picture of me and my girls in OUR chair before I let it go.

8 comments:
That really was so thoughtful and sweet of you. It will be so meaningful to Lindsey knowing the history.
You have such a kind heart. I know how hard that must have been. I, too, get attached to things that hold a special memory for me.
You are SO sweet! What a thoughtful thing...I too am attached to our rocking chair...and not sure if I could bare to let go yet! :)
I am SURE she will enjoy it!!
This is wonderful, Mallena, and the most meaningful of gifts, I think. I am glad I got to "meet" the chair once before you gave it away. You and your girls are so beautiful!
Lindsey will really appreciate a good rocking chair, especilly because it is from a good friend with fond memories!
I don't think I could've done that, but if I were your friend I would be extremely grateful and that makes it worth it! Cute picture of the three of you!
how nice of you! i'll bet she really appreciates it, what a good friend you are ; )
Wow Mallena! That was so thoughtful of you!!! I have such a hard time parting with things that I have attached a lot of memories to. Conan is always giving me a hard time about it and says I save too much. He'll tease me and say things like, "Do you want to save this tissue because Tennyson blew his nose all by himself on it!" I know--he's a turkey! Ha Ha
Post a Comment