We picked Shaylynn's birth date because I was being induced. Can you believe how selfish I was because I didn't want to be in the hospital over Thanksgiving? I have to say, it was a nice change to have my suitcase packed and ready to go instead of having to hurry and pack it while I was having contractions. Anyway, it was a long day but once it was over I was so happy.
Shaylynn was the BEST baby! She was so content and happy for the majority of time. She adored her big sister from the moment they met. Her favorite game as a baby was to watch every move Miriam made as she moved around the room. Shaylynn was the cuddliest baby ever! Her body would just melt into your body like it was meant to be there. She never liked strangers, but instead of screaming she would just melt into their arms and not look them in the face. Everyone always commented on what a cuddly baby she was. She could melt anyone's heart.
I wanted to share some things I love most about Shaylynn!
I LOVE how she wants to be with mommy all the time. Sometimes it's hard to get things done because she's always wanting to be held and cuddled. I know these moments can't last forever so I try not to get too annoyed.
I LOVE/Hate how she causes so much trouble, but when she gets caught she just smiles a smile that melts your heart. She knows she's in trouble and that she should be scared, but somehow she's able to manipulate my attitude so I want to laugh instead of yell. This can be very frustrating when I'm trying to teach her how to behave.
I LOVE how she takes care of herself. This is not a little girl that is going to allow herself to be picked on. If you hit her, she will hit you back. Don't even think about taking her toy, she will come after you and make you pay for your rudeness. I think she'll always be the one who looks out for Miriam. Who needs a big brother when you've got a sister that can beat up the boys?
I LOVE how her whole face lights up when she sees me or Doug after a short time apart. She just radiates happiness.
Toodle Bug, I love you so much! You were and continue to be a blessing from our Heavenly Father.
Here are some pictures of my baby through the years. Enjoy!


9 comments:
Happy birthday Shay. See you in a few days!
I was beginning to wonder if I was just not getting updates on your blog...then I realized it's because you hadn't posted anything! :)
Happy birthday Shay! What a beautiful little girl!!!
Well Happy Birthday! I didn't know it was today. i have to say I did enjoy a number of shay's long snuggle sessions because she didn't want to look me in the face.
She doesn't look happy to be three! But it is still a very cute picture! What a nice little tribute to Shaylynn.
I just love shay!! She always makes my day with her hugs! I am going to miss that so much when you guys leave! Happy Birthday to Shay!
Happy Birthday, Shay! I can't believe she's 3 already. I remember seeing her at the family reunion, and she was just a baby then! I hope those tears quickly turned into birthday smiles!
wow, 3 years old! Happy Birthday Shay!! i love her b-day pics, sooo adorable! i miss her snuggles, i can't wait for you guys to get back here!
I love the tributes you give on birthdays! I miss Shay's snuggles, too. Hopefully her snuggles will be because she is glad to see us again!
Happy Birthday Shay! I am so thrilled that you are blogging all this information for your little girl as she grows up. She is a lucky lady. :) And she is such a doll.
Post a Comment