Monday, December 1, 2008

The Hassles of Moving

I'm sitting here at the computer with a million things running through my head. Things like: "I need to remove the suitcases from my bed so Doug has a place to study tonight, I need to finish packing my craft supplies, I need to clean my oven, should I start my lasagna just in case Doug gets home early, I wish my head wasn't pounding, why do I have so many boxes of tissues, I'm glad I made that lasagna earlier and froze it so I don't have to cook tonight, etc."

I've been trying to stay busy and to make lists of things I still need to do before we leave in 17 days. Yes, that's right, I only have 17 days left until we fly home. Did I forget to mention that I only have 12 days until all of our stuff is loaded on a truck? Wow!

To top it all off today Miriam decided she wanted to write a list for Santa. I'm not sure where that came from because we've never talked about writing one before. On her list she wrote that she wanted a dog (a real one), a Nintendo DS, and a sled. Too bad all her gifts are purchased and wrapped. Not that I could get any of her requests except for the sled. Maybe I'll have to grab one at the store once we move. We mailed the list to Grandma A.'s house, but it was addressed to Santa Claus. Thankfully Miriam doesn't have any idea what her address is. I guess I need to add one more thing to my list: call Mom and let her know she DOES NOT have to get anything on Miriam's list.

Well, I need to get going and get some stuff done. Doug's on his way home so I think I may go start that lasagna now.

5 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

wow...17 more days! i am SO excited to see you guys again! I also have things running through my head, but it's mostly just "i need to get the house cleaned up, i need to get my christmas shopping done, i need to stop courtney from eating all the candles and crayons"... i can't imagine being responsible for getting your whole house packed up and ready to go in just a couple weeks time on top of preparing for the holidays! Atleast all the gifts are bought and wrapped, that's got to be a huge relief! Good luck getting everything packed up, can't wait to see you guys!

Rachel Holloway said...

yOU CRACK ME UP!! :) I can't believe your time is coming to an end so soon!! (though I am sure you hardly feel like it's soon!)

GOOD LUCK PACKING! IT'S TOUGH!!! But it somehow all gets done. :) Right??

Mary Ann and Larry said...

I am so excited!! Only 15 days now!! Good luck with packing everything. what are you going to do for 5 days with all your stuff gone?

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

If I did my calculations correctly, you are moving the day after we are, though your move is much more complicated than ours. We are wishing you the best, and I am sure your excellent organization will pay big dividends when it is all happening!

Even though there is still quite awhile left before we would begin thinking of moving back to the States, I think of the potential plane ride home all the time! We'll have the two of us, our baby boy, and two cats...for a 12-hour international flight! Eish!! I'll be thinking of you on the plane. :)

The Schexnayders said...

Oh I remember the day that the moving truck was sitting out in front of my house and I had 3 days to load everything into it. I HATE MOVING!!! Good luck with everything... I love your blog..