I'm sure after reading my title, you're all thinking: "Yes, she does need help, in more ways than one!" This is true, but today I'm asking your for your help on one specific topic.
As most of you know, our lives will be changing in a BIG way starting tomorrow and continuing for the next year. I'm not trying to be cryptic, it's just that I don't want to announce to the whole world what will be happening. For those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, just know it isn't anything life threatening or dangerous, we're all okay, we'll just be going through some changes. Hmmmm....I was trying to make you not worry, but I can't really think of how to explain in a generic way. Sorry, eventually I'll explain all.
Here's where I need your help. I think I'd like to make my blog private. This way I can be open and frank about what's going on. I don't know how to go private. I've had several friends talk about going private, but then decided against it for one reason or another. If you've thought about it, or looked into it, would you please share your thoughts and ideas. I'd really like to be able to show a certain someone what our days are like and not have to focus on not announcing certain aspects of our lives to strangers.
Hopefully this makes sense, if not, well, you know me, when do I ever make sense? Thanks in advance for your help!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Our blog is set on private because I don't want just anyone to look at it, such as our mailman. You can go into customize and settings and it should show you from there. Is that what you were asking? I hope things work out for you whatever it is!
Brandi is right. My sister in law did the same thing so that her new husbands ex-wife would not be watching their every move. :) And all you do is send an "invite" to the blog to your friends and family. Once they log in they are able to see your blog and nobody else can. Good luck!! I have to say you have piqued my curiosity. I hope everything is ok.
I dont know anyone who's blog is private but I think its a good idea and now that you mention it I may consider doing that as well.
Both of my sisters had their blogs private for awhile but they ended up switching back for reasons I don't know. I do have other relatives whose blogs are private and they like it. I have no idea how to do it though. Sorry
I have had relatives change their blogs to private. I think it is a good thing if you need to have that security.. but like me.. I just don't put much on the blog that may incriminate me in anyway .. especially with our foster kids.
I'm also private...and maybe you don't even know that I read your blog, but were longtime fiends, neighbors, and I picked it up on the MHS blog...hope you don't mind. :) I finally made the switch after a couple of years and I like it. Before I went private I just posted a post for evryone who wanted an invite to send their email...this helped me get my invite list. Then go to settings and permissions. p.s. we will be in the same ward in 2 weeks.
jUST DONT FORGET ME!! I WANT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!AND HOPEFULLY OFFER SONE HELP...
I totally understand why you'd want to go private. The only downside I've come upon is if you have relatives or friends that aren't tech savy. I know people who changed from private to public because family members couldn't figure out how to get on their blog. No, it isn't hard- as someone said you just have to accept the invite and then save the blog and you are set to go.
Still, just thought I'd give the negative I can think of. I've debated it but for now like keeping it open. If I were in a similar situation I might do what you are considering though too.
FYI- Tricia had her baby last night. She started having contractions around 11 a.m. and they kept coming. Sierra, Charise and I were on our way to Trader Joe's so we dropped her off on the way to Holy Redeemer- she thought it might be a false alarm but it wasn't. Bryan joined her a few hours later and I think little Vivienne was born around 2:30 a.m. Maybe someone has already let you know- I don't know. I think Sierra said she was 6 lbs. and 18 1/2" long and 4 weeks early. Both seem to be doing fine. I'm planning on going to the hospital tomorrow to visit. I'll give you a call or send you an email.
MISS YOU!!!
Hey girlie!
Well I made my blog private, so I understand what you mean. I don't know what's going on with you, but I hope that all is well.
Chat with you later!
I think you know how I feel about private blogs...I think there are a lot of ways you can protect yourself without going completely private...taking yourself out of the search engines and such...HOWEVER, with your situation, I would maybe feel more comfortable going private, just so you can be really open about things without being worried.
HOWEVER, I have had several friends who have public blogs who have had the same types of situations you have and they stay public with no problems. I think you should really give it thought and then go with your gut.
LOVE YOU GIRL! I can't wait to get a few pics your way!
Post a Comment