Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mallena's, I Mean Miriam's Report on Butterflies

Miriam was given the assignment to create a report about butterflies. She needed to make a poster, write a report, and then present it to the class. I'll admit, I did most of the work, but Miriam did as much as she could. It was a pain, but watching her present it to her class today made it worth it.

This morning I had her practice reading her report one more time. I recorded it for posterity and since I love the brag, I'm going to post it for the world to see. (Wink, wink!)

Miriam asked me to come and watch her present it to her class. She was nervous so she messed up on a lot of the words we practiced over and over. My poor little stress case. She gets so stressed out and emotional. Hmmmm.....I think she got that from me. Sorry baby!

Well, here is all you ever need to know about butterflies. Not really, but it was hard to weed out the things I thought Kindergartners would understand. Little did I know that they'd ask questions that neither Miriam or I knew. Boy was my face red. Oh well.

Oh, one more thing. Make sure you notice her adorable outfit. We worked hard to get it perfect and she was the only one that dressed up (it was optional). Some of the punk kids in her class made a point of telling her that she didn't need to dress up. Today was IRI testing so I think they all thought she was weird dressing up on test day. I was proud of her, she didn't cry, she just walked away with a dejected look on her face. I had a few tears and I had to retract my claws so not to claw out their eyes. What can I say, my baby gets her feelings hurt easily and I wanted to protect her. Good thing they're only Kindergartners, if they were adults the fight would have be ON.

Here is Miriam with my, I mean, HER report:




I accidentally cut off the fashion show. I'm notorious for pushing the wrong button while I'm filming.




Here is her poster:

This is a picture of her presenting her report to the class.

11 comments:

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Good job mom...I mean Miriam! Looks like she is a brave girl, and smart, she gets that from her mom too!

Elaine said...

super cute outfit! i'm so impressed with her reading-i also can't believe they have to do a report. what happened to noodle necklaces?

Natalie Buchkovich said...

What a cutie! She did a great job. That would be scary to do that in front of the class! Way to go!!

emily a. said...

Did she transfer to a 3rd grade class when you moved to Idaho? There's no way I projects like that in kindergarten. And Miriam's reading- she's progressed so much. I was very impressed and loved her cute little outfit.

She's got one creative mama!

And I have to mention something about the sweet little Shay. Her hair is so long and I can tell her talking is improving.

Miss you guys!

Mary Ann and Larry said...

I am very proud of Miriam & her report. She looks absolutely adorable! Hang on to that report & poster. At my school they learn about that in 4th grade.

Shilowe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shilowe said...

What a cute little reporter! Well done, Mallena! I wish we could have met up (besides Wal-Mart, lol) while we were in Idaho. But we'll be back next year with plenty more time to visit. Woo hoo!

KatobanBlessings said...

So cute...did you say she got her smartness from you, too?????
I cant believe how much kindergarteners have to do for class but i think its good... that way mommies dont forget what thry learnt!
Good job on the poster... About the "p" kids, it just shows the many different homes (and behaviours) that children come from.

Patty Sampson said...

OOHH!! She is so cute!! I could just pinch her adorable little cheeks. I too am proud of her for not getting too upset when the kids were dumb. But I am SO like you- I would have wanted to pound them!!

Great job on the report!

Rebecca Hansen said...

i would've clawed their eyes out anyway! little kids can be so mean! I can't beleive how well she reads, and that outfit is ADORABLE! i especially love the pippy longstocking hair. Very cute! Good job Miriam! (and mallena!)

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Miriam looked so adorable for her report, and she did such a good job! Congrats, Miriam!

The big blue butterfly on her poster is just like a species of butterfly we saw a lot when we were in Costa Rica, with big blue irradescent wings (I am guessing about a 6 inch wingspan). So beautiful! I love butterflies! What a fabulous topic for a report!