Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July

Our 4th of July celebration was a little different this day. We didn't spend it watching parades, having a BBQ, or with our kids. We arranged with my GENEROUS in-laws to borrow their 4-wheelers. We left at about 10:00 a.m. and after being lost several times, we made it back around 5:30 p.m. (much later than expected). My mother-in-law is the most amazing woman and watched both of our kids, plus another one-year-old grandchild. If you'd like to see what they did for the 4th of July, click here.

We had such a great time, even my dad commented on how much fun he had, which says a lot.

Getting ready to leave.

Going through the mud puddle.


Avoiding the mud puddle. Pops didn't want to get muddy.


People herding cattle. This brought back memories of when we were kids, but we didn't get horses. We had to stand in the way of the cattle and try to look scary. Pretty hard when you're six and the cows are about three times your size.

Waiting for the cows to move.


I LOVE Idaho!



Randomness



Now THAT 'S a puddle!



This is what happens when you don't have a map. You get lost and have to go over things that could kill you! Luckily we finally found a map, but we still managed to get lost.


DISCLAIMER: I'm really dirty because Doug found every mud puddle possible and made sure to go through them at full speed. His shirt had one spot that was still white and that was where my arms were wrapped around him.

After the 4-wheeling we stayed at Doug's house and watched the fireworks. Menan sure knows how to put on a good show!

13 comments:

Amy said...

That looks like soo much fun! I haven't been on a four wheeler since I was ten. Idaho is very pretty. I miss being in the west.

Scott + Wendy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I miss Idaho!

emily a. said...

That sounds like so much fun. The ski goggles look like a good idea!

The Schexnayders said...

Wow... what a beautiful place and 4 wheeling is so much fun! Im glad you got to spend the holiday with your hubby!

Brandi said...

Four wheelers are so much fun! It is always great to spend a day with family. Getting covered in mud must have been quite the experience. Hopefully you helped Doug get a good share of mud on him. Where did you go four wheelin?
Is Wendy that made the comment earlier, Wendy from High School?

Mary Ann and Larry said...

Great pictures1 I recognize the places. I love the huge puddle splash pic. We went through a few last night & I was actually the one driving.

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

What an exciting way to celebrate the 4th! Fun times! The Idaho scenery does my heart good. What a beautiful place!

Brandi said...

Mallena--- I read the last message you wrote. Yes! You can send me info on my yahoo or gmail email! Thanks.

Lindsay said...

I love your Eagles hat! We're so glad you haven't forgotten us here :) Wow, what a beautiful landscape. That seriously looks like a TON of fun!

Elaine said...

So I finally figured out your blog! I left some comments on your other posts so take a look.
I have never been four wheeling before but it looks fun-wherever you went is so beautiful too.

Rachel Holloway said...

That is SO MUCH FUN! I am glad you guys had a blast--even doing the untraditional things. :) You know how to party!

Patty Sampson said...

Such a fun way to spend the 4th! I loved seeing your pictures of the landscape. It brings back memories and makes me miss Idaho. But I have to laugh at Doug going through every puddle. Some boys never grow up. :) I could see Eric doing the same thing, especially if I protested. :)

Shilowe said...

I love your post! It sure makes me homesick, though. Only one more year... ha ha. It looks like your girls had a great time, too!