Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nine Years Ago Today. . . . .

Nine years ago today:

I married my best friend.

I made sacred covenants with my Father in Heaven that made it possible for me to live with my husband and children forever.

I started down a path that lead to two amazing children.


Today seems like any other average day, and for that I'm very grateful. It means my husband and I are living under the same roof again after being separated for a year. It means my children are healthy and happy with only the occasional argument thrown in. It means life is good. There are no major dilemmas weighing me down, nothing pressing on me to get done before the stress of it threatens to make me explode. I feel content. I feel happy. Doug loves his job, he's done with college after nine years, he doesn't have to study for exams. He's content. He's happy. Do you see why I'm grateful this day is like any other average, mundane day?

We haven't thought of a way to make our day seem extra special. The funds are tight so we aren't doing individual gifts. We're going to save for something we both want (still not sure what). We talked about going out to dinner, but I'd rather just spend the evening home cuddled up on the couch. Besides, why leave the kids behind when they're the best things that have happened so far in our marriage?

I'm so grateful to be married to an amazing man who holds the priesthood and fulfills his duties as a husband and as a father to the best of his abilities. It doesn't hurt that he is SO GOOD LOOKING!!!!!! I'm not sure how a girl like me got so lucky, but I thank the Lord every night that I was blessed with such a man. I LOVE YOU DOUG!!!!!!! I know I'm not perfect and that I can be your biggest frustration at times, but I would do ANYTHING for you!!!! I love you honey and I can't wait to see what the next 109 years bring.

Memories from Friday, August 3, 2001

7 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

awww what a sweet post! you guys look so YOUNG in those pictures! Happy Anniversary you two!!! (i love your tongue sticking out picture, so beautiful!)

Becky said...

You are so beautiful!!! Here is to another 109 years!! Yay for Doug!

Elaine said...

So precious and beautiful-you look like 12 years old getting married though:-)

Mary Ann and Larry said...

You two do look so young, and you both look great now! I love the tongue sticking out picture...it shows your great sense of humor, you irreverent little thing, you. ;)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You are such a good wife and Mom. I am very proud of the both of you for all your accomplishments! Have a wonderful anniversary!

The Schexnayders said...

That is a great entry...very well said. You guys are so young in those photos! Congrats!

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Happy Anniversary!! I remember your day well, and I enjoyed seeing the photos to remind me. :)

I'm so happy you are all together in one house again! What joy!