Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's Time to Party Like You Just Turned 5!

As I'm sure all of you know, I grumbled and grumbled about giving Miriam a party this year. Now that a few days have passed, the memory of the party is starting to fade and I can say that I'm glad I did it. Ok, I was glad I did it that day, but man oh man, I was wondering what I got myself into.

Miriam had a great time and that's all that matters. About six kids were able to come and we enjoyed playing games, making crafts, and eating until our stomaches hurt. Thanks to all of you who sent me ideas and called with moral support. It was greatly appreciated! Well, they say a picture says a thousand words, so I'm going to let the pictures do the talking.

Before the party started

Decorations

Our guests

Hit it, Hit it! WAIT...NOT ME!

Make your own sheild & sword OR your own tiara & wand

The CAKE

Eating pizza and cake

Opening Presents
(I would post something from everyone, but Doug got some REALLY bad shots of me)

The aftermath...

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

GET OUT OF HERE!!! HOW AWESOME ARE YOU1?!?!! I am DEFINITELY not showing these pics to Jenna--or there will be some serious expectations!

DID YOU DECORATE THAT CAKE!?! GIRL, YOU HAVE GOT TALENT!!!

Hmmm...maybe I just need to call you again and we can talk birthday...I always seem to miss you. Why is that?? Avoiding me??? jk

Anonymous said...

What a party! Looks like you had a lot of fun and super great guests! Did you decorate that cake? WOW!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Looks like you did a great job at the party thing!! But I understand how you feel about the whole party thing. You and Doug are awsome parents!

Elaine said...

My favorite pictures is the 'aftermath' how cute!

Rebecca Hansen said...

DANG! i am super super impressed! That looks like it was one fabulous birthday party, good job!

Mary Ann and Larry said...

Wow! Awesome decorations & cake! How fun for them. You two are great parents. I love the aftermath picture--it says a LOT!

Anonymous said...

Ok...So everybody doesn't know you well enough to know that as soon as the frosting touches the cake it falls apart, so why don't you just tell everybody where you bought the cake. Ha Ha J/K!

dan and linds said...

Way to go! You did such a fantastic job with this party! Miriam will sure have some good memories of turning 5! You are such a good mom!