Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Father's Day---A Month Ago

On Father's Day we had the PRIVILEGE of eating at the Mushala house. It was great food and even better company (and that's saying a lot). I'm not sure how it started, but after dinner Doug ended up on the floor with all three kids piled on top. It was very entertaining, but I think Doug was wondering why, on Father's Day of all days, he had to play horse. The rest of us thoroughly enjoyed the show and Doug came home and took a nap. How's that for celebrating your special day?

Anyway, there weren't any gifts given or special things done for Doug, but that doesn't mean I don't love him. I did fix him breakfast the night before because there was no way I was getting up early enough to make it on Sunday morning, and then get everyone ready for church. I should get points for thinking ahead though right?

Thanks Doug for the father you have been, and the father you're becoming. I'm glad we get to grow old together. I love you!

This horse has given it's last ride.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Only YOU! :) You make me laugh so hard!!! YOu made breakfast the night before?! GO GETTEM GIRL! :)

Glad you guys had a great father's day...a month aGO.

Elaine said...

When Thula saw the pictures she said, "Oh Dougie!"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have a great relationship. It always makes me so happy to see that friends married well. I hope he was just as good to you on Mother's Day. :)

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Happy Belated Father's Day, Doug! I am sure you were the best horse ever. :) I love breakfast at night. What a great idea!

Mary Ann and Larry said...

It looks like poor Doogie the Horse gave it his all! Happy late Father's Day Doug!

Rebecca Hansen said...

ooh, poor flattened horsie. what a good daddy to be giving rides ; )