Monday, August 25, 2008

Tagged

Rules Once Tagged:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5) Let them know they are tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger (who tagged you) know when your post is up.


Randomness about me:

1. I don't like to go clothes shopping for myself. I don't have a clue how to put outfits together other than jeans and a t-shirt. If I can see an example set out for me than I can purchase the items, but usually they don't look nearly as cute on me as the did on the hanger. However; I do LOVE to buy clothes for my girls. It's so fun to create outfits for them---a little TOO fun.

2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to talk! I probably come across as snooty when you first meet me because I'm quite shy and HATE making the first move. Once I feel even the smallest connection with someone, I start yammering and can't shut up. My poor mother and husband have probably got the sorest ears on the planet. I guess that's why Doug is always tuning me out. :)

3. I love birthdays! It is the one day when you get to have the whole day to yourself. People are nice to you and they have you on their mind. I don't care about presents and that sort of thing, I just LOVE knowing that people are thinking about me. I also love to dote on family members that are celebrating their birthdays, especially now that I have kids. My favorite thing to do was take balloons and a bag of candy to school and leave it in the office for my brothers. I'm sure they didn't care, but it was what I always wanted done for me, so I did it for them. It was great! That way even more people knew it was their birthday and wished them well. I love it!

4. I don't have any self control when it comes to reading. Once I start a book I can't put it down until it's done. If it's a mystery, I'll most likely skip to the back and find out the ending before I get too far into it. I don't know why, but I just love knowing the ending so that as I read everything makes sense. I strictly read for the enjoyment of the moment, so I don't remember much of anything after I'm finished. I've read the Work and the Glory series about 5 times already and it's a real treat when I read them again. I can't wait until I get back to Idaho and can dig in to some of the books I left behind.

5. I am a total homebody. I love staying home and just hanging out. Occasionally I'll feel the need to get out and go somewhere, but usually I just sit at home in the comfort of my little life. I LOVE to have visitors over, but I'm pretty much content to just be with my little family.

6. I don't like to drive. I know, BIG shocker to those of you who know me. I've always preferred to be the passenger instead of the driver. I don't mind driving so much in a small community, but I HATE big city driving. I get all tense and scared. In fact, whenever I have to drive anywhere here, we have a small prayer before leaving. Just the other day Miriam said the prayer before we left, and then once we were in the car asked if we could say another one. Either she doesn't feel safe with me, or she knows I need the extra help. Either way, so far the prayers have worked in our favor.


People I'm tagging: Mom Ricks, Melina, Rebecca, Katy, Kendra, and Rachel H.

4 comments:

emily a. said...

My favorite thing about this tag is to see what looney bins of friends I have. Loved your list and I love you!

dan and linds said...

I always think your outfits look cute! But I know how it is to feel handicapped in this department, I used to make my little sister pick out my outfits in high school.
I love that you love to talk because talking to you is fun!
What LUCKY brothers you have!
I agree, books are impossible to put down. That is SO funny that Miriam asked for another prayer! What a smart little girl! (Not that your driving is bad, but that she knows to pray).

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you just don't seem like a talker to me. It is the shyness. Maybe I'm just boring to talk to. j/k. Anyway, Doug...you have been tagged!

Mary Ann and Larry said...

You & your your family always look so cute. I think you have a great sense of style. I, too, can get way too involved reading good books.