It went better than I could have hoped. Miriam was so cute because she kept calling me "teacher" and when she'd say "Mom" she'd quickly correct herself and say, "I mean teacher." I never told her to call me teacher so I was surprised that she felt like I needed the title, but it was fun. In a way it was nice to hear it again. It's been over five years since I've had that title. She referred to Shaylynn as her "school friend". Sometimes she's so cute I can't stand it!
I was amazed at some of the things she knew, and a little disappointed in myself that I had let a few things slip. For example, she used to know most of the sight words required by the state of Idaho for Kindergartners. We haven't practiced them lately and she'd lost a few of them. Shame on me. At least we're back on track and practicing again.
It was only our second day today, but it was still fun. I've decided though that I'll be happy when she starts public school. I think she'll really enjoy meeting other kids and learning how to do things on her own without having to check with me before she makes a move. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss her like crazy, but I think in the long run it will be what's best for both of us.
One benefit of homeschooling is that I can take pictures of everything she is doing through the day.
Miriam looked soooo cute in this picture, I just had to post it. Notice Miriam's new school dress---she's very glad she doesn't have to wear a uniform!
Our FAVORITE school teacher.
Working and Learning
Recess---who gets to play with bubbles at their school?
Finally, it's time to eat our lunch!

12 comments:
Oh, my gosh!! Miriam looks SO cute & very much a kindergartener! I wondered how that was going. Love the dress, backpacks & lunchboxes. Shay looks adorable, too. Such smart little girls, I'm so glad they got their favorite teacher this year!
I am so in awe. You are amazing for really getting going on this and doing great things. I wish you were here to help me figure out what to do with my own kids! WAY CUTE OUTFIT--and lunchbox, and backpacks!
I would love that list of sightwords if you have them...just so we can have something to work on. Let me know-- :)
Miriam's hair is getting so long. The girl's both looked so cute. Shaylynn looks like she's just ready to go too. How long is your school day?
Miriam is certainly proud of being a school girl- it really is cute. She does have the best teacher ever!
Mallena
I mean teacher! Thats great. Hey heard about doug hope he is ok. I love all of the photo's. Tell both girls they look lovely.
Katy
I remember her showing me that dress, she was so proud! It is very cute! And she is just adorable! I was dying at the part about her calling you teacher, too cute. I am so impressed with everything, you definitely know what you're doing.
She looks so pretty! I love her hair. Maybe when we come over next month you can add one more pupil to the classroom for a couple days. I still can't believe how old Miriam looks! I remember when she was born!
Shay is gonna be one smart girl when she does enter kindergarten!
You are amazing Mallena! I'm sure you are a great teacher and obviously so dedicated. What a great idea to get a backpack for Miriam and to pack actual lunches! So are any field trips planned?
how fun for Miriam! both miriam and shay look sooo cute! i love that she calls shay her school friend and calls you teacher, that's so adorable!
She is so cute....I am sure she will be the smartest kid in the class!
That is amazing that you are hoemschooling her. Keep us up on how it goes.
This post should win an award for cuteness! Happy studying to all of you!
Post a Comment