I can just tell it's going to be one of those days and it's only 9:00 a.m. It all started with me deciding I could afford to sleep for a few more minutes this morning. Mistake number one. Then Miriam decided to wake up and start watching cartoons (she's never done this before). I let her watch while she ate breakfast and got dressed. Mistake number two. It was a scramble to get her ready and myself dressed before the bus arrived. On top of all of that Doug had to go in early this morning and Shaylynn had Preschool. We were late, but I knew we'd probably still make the bus. I got downstairs and couldn't find the car keys. I gave them to Doug last night to move the car. Mistake number three. I called his cell phone but he didn't answer (I didn't leave a very nice voice mail). I then called the Dr.'s office---they didn't have a way to leave a message. Since they didn't open until 9:00 this morning, I knew I was in trouble. With all the searching, we were too late to try and walk to the bus stop. Mistake number four. I called my house to see if my mom could help me get the kids to school. She had already left to take my brother to school and then go through a temple session. Sigh. It wasn't even 8:00 yet and my morning was spiraling out of control! At this point I was ready to call it quits and just keep the girls home because to top it off IT STARTED TO SNOW! I hate driving on the snow! However; today is Shaylynn's IEP meeting after school and I didn't want to have to reschedule. I want to get her goals figured out and then start working on them. Skipping school simply was not the answer. Luckily my dad was still home and didn't have to be to work for a little bit. He said he'd take my brother to school and then come get Miriam, take her to school, then come back and get Shaylynn, and take her to school. What a relief! Soon after I got off the phone with him, Doug called laughing. Somehow the keys sneaked into his pants pocket! Don't ask me how he ended up with two sets of keys to two different cars, but he did. He reminded me that we had an extra key to the Explorer upstairs. I was relieved because I thought I was going to have to take my dad to the busy BYU-I campus, drop him off, and then drive his monsterous truck back and forth shuttling the girls. Who knows when my mom will be done at the temple so I couldn't count on her car.
One good thing did come out of this morning though. Since I was already running late I had my dad take Miriam to school. I think she really enjoyed the novelty of going to school with Grandpa. They were so cute walking down the sidewalk holding hands. He walked her around the truck and opened her door for her. I wish I would have taken a picture! She looked so happy and excited to be going to school in a way other than the norm.
Well, I'm off. The IEP meeting is right after Shay gets done with school. My mom is picking Miriam up from the bus stop and bringing her here until I get home. I need to straighten the house a little before she arrives. I'm really hoping the rest of the day will be uneventful. I don't think I can handle any more surprises.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh Mallena, i have had a day like that one when there was just Blessings and i, and i didnt work it out like you did with two kids and no one to count on(except for grandpa)so i give you a high five!!
well we are moving on the 20th of this month, so if you dont get through the dungeon, its okay. I will update you more later.
Good day.
Oh man! Those days at the WORST! I hope it ends happier...and more calm than it was this morning!
that makes me feel so lucky that courtney sleeps in til 9 every morning. What a hassle for you! i'm sorry, it does sound as though Miriam didn't have a problem with any of it though ; ) I agree- where is spring?! Courtney looked out the window this morning and said, "boo snow". she's been listening to me too much, haha
I was going to leave a comment, but then I saw that Katoba did and it made me laugh that she got to it before I did! What a small world. :-)
Don't you just hate those days?!?! I'm glad it all worked out for ya in the end.
What an awful morning for you! This morning the snow is even worse. Spring has gone into hiding.
I'm sorry. Isn't it the truth though that when it rains it pours! I swear problems always come in huge clumps. The snow is making me very depressed too! It is almost easter and we can't hide eggs outside! Oh Well
Post a Comment