For the past two days I've been struggling with some lower back pain. Since I don't exercise except to get off the couch to grab another cookie, I know it isn't from doing something strenuous. After saying family prayer on Saturday night Miriam turned to me and said, "Mommy, I wish it was my back that hurt so that you wouldn't be in pain."
Yesterday my mom came and took the girls to her house so they could go to Church with my family. When the girls arrived home later in the evening Miriam started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I felt so sad being at Church and having fun without you. I didn't like that you were here all by yourself with your back hurting." In talking with my mom this morning, apparently she said the same thing to her on the walk home from Church. She was pretty upset. It must be pretty scary to see the one parent you have at home unable to function properly.
Last night Shaylynn was being very difficult so I gave her bum a little swat. She kept acting up so I asked if she wanted a really hard spanking. She nodded her head and came closer so I could reach her bum. It's hard to be mad at her when all you want to do is give her squishes. Silly girl!
Last week during Sacrament Meeting Miriam was eating Goldfish (the crackers, not actual fish) out of a little container. Miriam was trying to share the crackers with Shaylynn, but Shay wanted to hold them herself. Earlier the girls had been playing with my three tiered necklace, assigning each tier a person. It was funny listening to them trying to make all four of us fit on a three tiered object. After fighting over the Goldfish, Shay looks at Miriam with a defiant look, grabs my necklace, and very clearly says (as she's pointing to each level), "Daddy, Mommy, and Shay, NOT Miriam". Miriam and I looked at each other and tried not to laugh. Shaylynn was very serious that Miriam should not be a part of our family because she didn't let Shay have the cup of crackers. A little later Miriam handed Shay the cup and Shay fixed the necklace to be "Mommy, Miriam, and Shay". Sorry Daddy, you got left out that time. Even though it wasn't nice, I was still amazed at how Shay's mind worked to create her little necklace revenge.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ha ha! Such cute girls! The goldfish/necklace story cracked me up....so that's how girls fight... :)
I am so sorry to hear about your back pain. Miriam's thoughtfulness is so sweet & genuine. Shay is very sneaky in her thought process!
Excellent writing, I can visualize everything. Miriam is such a tenderheart and Shay sounds very spirited. I'm sorry about your back-I know how awful that feels. Thanks for the great comments you leave on my blog too by the way!
Oh no, back pain is the worst! I hope it goes away soon! Miriam is so sensitive to others' feelings, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! And Shay- so cute! I love her little personality. You have such wonderful girls.
silly little girls you have! sorry about your back, hope all feels better soon.
I love you guys! I must say that all of Miriam's clothes are so darling! It is so much easier to dress a girl than a boy. I hope your back starts feeling better. It's no fun to be in pain all the time.
You're such a wuss! Buck up! Teasing....again.
I love the Shay story. Wanting to get her bum swatted harder! Hee Hee! They are such a hoot.
You probably need to visit a chiropracter then a massage therapist. Hey, you got a birthday coming up!
Post a Comment