Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Shaylynn is a little behind in her speech. I had her tested a few weeks ago and she qualifies for preschool through the school district. I hate the fact that she needs help, but I'm SO grateful that she qualifies for the help she needs. If it has to be bad, at least it's bad enough to get help. Think positive thoughts, right?

Yesterday was her first day of school. She has to get up earlier than she's used to. Normally she comes to the bus stop with Miriam and me in her pajamas and wrapped in a blanket. Now she has to be dressed before we leave. Thankfully her school doesn't start until after Miriam's so we have time to come home and do her hair before we leave.

I was afraid she'd have a hard time, but she took right to it. I helped her hang up her coat and backpack and she was ready to get started. The first thing they do after they arrive is wash their hands. I held her hand over to the sink and she let go of my hand and grabbed the teacher's hand. Well, I guess I wasn't needed anymore. Everyone oohed and awed over her. How could they not? Even when she's a stinker she's still adorable. Unfortunately she knows how to work the system.


Posing for pictures before we leave:


Shay and her backpack:

5 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

i like your positive thinking ; ) She's so adorable, especially posing for her first day. what a cutie! that's awesome that she's taking right to it instead of putting up a fuss.

Also, Melina and I have planned a playdate for you to host (haha) swimming at your clubhouse, watching a movie, and i guess you're making us Club Rio (or club something) burritos. i'm excited, see you there! heheh

emily a. said...

I am DYING over these pictures. Shay looks so grown up. LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair. It looks adorable. I pulled your post up and showed Doug and he looked like he melted a bit. I think he misses you guys. We have loved having him here.

Rachel Holloway said...

TOTALLY CUTE! I think it's great she qualifies for some help right now. That way you KNOW she is getting a good preschool education. NICE!

And you probably get some alone time...how is THAT?!

Anonymous said...

Her hair is so cute! Shay is the funniest little girl I know. I will be sad when she learns to talk because it has always been fun trying to figure out what she is saying. She has the cutest voice.

Mary Ann and Larry said...

Shay looks adorable! No one could possibly resist her.